Our Tuition Fee Arrangements
Digital Construction Academy [RTO #31840] is a privately owned, fee-for-service institution. This means we DO NOT currently provide ‘VET-FEE HELP’ arrangements for any courses on our portfolio, and we receive no funding or subsidies from the government or any public agency. This is largely a matter of choice on our part to limit bureaucratic procedures and administration.
No Vet Fee Help means No Government Debt!
‘Pay Nothing Now‘ sounds ideal using FEE HELP – but this inevitably results in taking on a debt upwards of $20000 for a typical Diploma? A typical Diploma qualification with Digital Construction Academy is usually in the region of around $12000, a Certificate level course around $8000, and our fees are spread over the duration of the course, based on structured, scheduled instalments as dictated by your Payment Plan. A Payment Plan is provided at the outset of your study, so you know exactly where you in current and future financial planning. Essentially, ‘Pay As You Go’ – settling invoices for for your study is based on logical, sequential steps. Make an Enquiry and talk to us about our payment plans today.
Full Fees for an entire qualification are generally NOT REQUIRED up front in advance, though some students do request this option, and ask for invoicing in this manner – usually for tax, or other reasons. We may provide all the invoicing to cover all costs if this is requested, but will always insist on several payments to make up the total.
Our fee rates are provided to meet general conditions for Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents. Temporary residents may also be able to satisfy conditions associated to our fee rates. International students are welcome, but should generally always verify with our staff current rates for individual quotes. However, we do not support, facilitate or manage international student visa requests or applications.
What The Fees Cover
- all learning, teaching and assessment material, including all your resource material, assessment papers and examinations.
- full marking and grading, moderation and verification.
- the full ‘electronic’ cost of your access to, and tuition in, our Learning Management System [LMS].
- all academic support, including regular communication and live webinar class lectures and progress reviews with your tutors.
- all education license software releases – no separate purchase required.
Other Resources [Optional purchasing]
- You may be encouraged you to buy books, or subscribe to periodicals [online or hard copy] for example, but these are only encouraged, not a mandatory requirement.
- You may need to personally purchase a headset/mic to participate in webinar classes – if you do not already have one [easily obtainable from Harvey Norman / Officeworks / similar retailer]. Indicative likely cost around only $30-$40 [more expensive ones are available if preferred].
Can I have my prior learning recognised [RPL]?
Yes, of course you can. If you present with evidence of prior learning, knowledge and skills, these can be taken into consideration for RPL. There are a variety of RPL options. RPL is available across all course choices, and may be used for one unit of competency, several units of competency, or the entire qualification where appropriate.See the RPL Page for further information.
Fees for RPL are reduced to 60% weighting of the normal Unit Competency value, saving substantial elements from your overall course cost, and potentially speeding the process to achievement. RPL applications are not always straightforward, and every application is unique.
Make an Enquiry to discuss any of the RPL options with the academic team.
Where you present and satisfy concession conditions, we will provide a 30% discount of the Unit Competency fee rates *. To qualify for concession rates, you must provide evidence of one of the following circumstances:
- Health Care Card
- Department of Veterans Affairs Card
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Persons and dependents of persons in receipt of AUSTUDY or ABSTUDY
Evidence of concession eligibility must be claimed at the time of application or initial enrolment. Evidence [certified copy of pension approval letter and scanned copy of card] should be forward to Digital Construction Academy who will perform checks of the eligibility.
* concession fee reduction is applicable to units of competency only. Administrative and other fees are not affected. Where a concession is used, no other discounting offer will apply – cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
A full refund of all enrolment fees will be made if a course is cancelled by Digital Construction Academy for any reason.
Initial enrolment / administration fees are non-refundable.
Where you have not commenced your studies or received any course material, and cancel your own participation in an agreed course of study, up to ten (10) working days prior to the commencement of the course, you will receive an eighty five percent (85%) refund of your fees.
Cancellation of enrolment under these circumstances incurs a fifteen percent (15%) administration fee.
No refund is available where cancellation by you is made less than ten (10) working days prior to the commencement of a course, or to participants who leave before finishing the course.
Refunds will be considered on a pro-rata basis for students who fall ill or are injured to the extent that they can no longer undertake the course providing a supporting Medical Certificate is supplied to Digital Construction Academy.
However, should participants wish to finalise incomplete units of competency in a future course the original fee can be used as a credit towards that course within six months of initial payment.
In all other cases, refunds are at the discretion of the Chief Executive Officer of Digital Construction Academy and may be negotiated on an individual case-by-case basis.
All requests for refunds will be acted upon within 14 days.